The Business Challenge25 Νοεμβρίου, 2019 12:48 πμ
As the business grew and stores opened all around Greece, the Customer faced the challenge of improved operation control nationwide.
The booming business encountered several operational issues:
- there was no central control of the customers’ activity and orders,
- most customers would call the local store manager on his/her mobile phone to order,
- peak hours (7:00 to 10:00 am) presented a serious challenge for the even distribution of orders and deliveries,
- the small average cost of order (5-10€) meant that keeping a tight shop was crucial for the viability of the company.
The stores’ sizes (from small stands to large 24/365 outlets) and locations (inside other stores, malls, train stations, airports etc.) all over the country, also presented a challenge regarding the available means of interconnection (landlines, mobile phones, poor data connectivity).
The company decided that a centralized ordering system was necessary, so as to:
- optimize delivery routes,
- distribute orders evenly among local stores to optimize performance,
- track customer and store activity to provide insight for workloads, provisions and staffing,
- to control and evaluate store performance.